Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLP Headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLP Headers

I couldn't find them for a price on their website. Does anyone know what they run? What is their quality compared with Jet Hots? I was planning on getting Jet Hot LTs with an ORY new but know of a set of used FLP for around the same price. I want to know how good of quality the used ones might be. Do FLP headers come with AIR/EGR fittings or what? Thanks.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:05 PM
Launching!

$1300. I have no experience with Jet Hots, so I can't comment on how the two brands compare. I can say though that the FLP build quality is impeccable, but I do not like how the Y-pipe assembles (lost about 1½" of ground clearance). These headers come with or without EGR fittings depending on the year model they are purchased for. '98-'00 applications will have the EGR fittings; '01-'02 won't. Also, make sure you either buy or fab a pair of EGR restrictors. I fried my check valves within a month of installing my FLPs without a set. I made my own for roughly $0.70; if you don't have tin snips, add $8 to that price.

-Brian
Old 01-21-2005, 04:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nightclaw
I do not like how the Y-pipe assembles (lost about 1½" of ground clearance). These headers come with or without EGR fittings depending on the year model they are purchased for. '98-'00 applications will have the EGR fittings; '01-'02 won't.
Yeah I'm not crazy about their Y pipe at all, and those ultra short collectors (just like the SLPs) seem like they might cost some power as well.
And though some versions come without EGR, all come with AIR fittings correct?
That's another thing I don't like about some headers, not being able to get them without the fittings.
That's why I love and recommend QTPs, all stainless (FLPs are coated mild steel) construction, proper collectors and available with or WITHOUT the fittings.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

I think I'm gonna end up getting some Jet Hot's, I think I want to get them new so that I've got the warranty, and I don't want the fittings either.