Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help Fast

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 08:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Need help Fast

Okay guys this is weird as hell. I was making a high MPH run yesterday about 120 and all of a sudden the whole car started to sound like it was about to fall apart. I pulled over on the side of the road and had no flat tires or anything. I get back in start her up and drive her some more and sure enough that vibration is there but only if I rev it above 2k. Even if i am driving I put it in neutral and rev it to 2k it shakes my entire car it made a cup fall out of the cup holder it was so bad. So i bring it back home and I let it idle the damn thing is constantly searching for idle and idle's about 1.2K and as soon as the tach reads 1.2K it revs back up to 1.5K then back down and does this as long as the car is idleing. And if i put it in park and rev to 2K it still vibrates. I popped the hood and gave it some gas at the TB and it doesn't move very much to indicate a broken motor mount. I am stumped can anyone help me?
Old 01-23-2005, 10:31 AM
10 Second Club

broke a valve spring maybe? bent a pushrod? with it 'searching' for an idle, sounds like something internal.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Launching!

I was gonna say a mount but it sounds liek you checked that. Im betting its some kind of internal problem but I dont know of many that would cause that... Strange id get it checked out asap and wouldnt drive it much if any until then.