Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Pro Cutout Switch Placement

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Street Pro Cutout Switch Placement

For those of you with Street Pro cutouts, where did you place the switch? Search turned up a few pictures, however, most all of them had TCS and the cutout switch was mounted right next to the TCS switch. My '98 does not have TCS so I have that 'little rectangular slot with the rubber liner' in its place. The Street Pro switch is a small rectangular one rather than a toggle, so the ashtray is not an option. Has anyone put theirs in the flip-top center console behind the cupholder? I would like it in there, in front of the CD slots and behind the change holder I've never used. How difficult would the wiring be to this location? I'm wiring the two together to one switch and will be installing them this month. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fyou have the know-how, you can put it anywhere. And you should def. replace the included switch with a better/cooler/more functional one. I've heard of people buying the convertible switch panel (same place as tcs, I think) and using that. Or you could just rig up a plastic piece.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's mine (McCord, but reckon that matters not).

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/167517-cutout-install-somewhat-different-approach.html
Old 02-02-2005, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
Here's mine (McCord, but reckon that matters not).

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167517
Thats nice
Old 02-02-2005, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just replied to the thread that was posted above (I thought it was this thread, but I guess you can just go there to read my reply--oops!). Let me know if you want pictures, it'll be a week or two though.