Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MPFI Spacer's

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question MPFI Spacer's

So has anyone heard of this? I was reading an article about a spacer made for LS1's. It goes between the throttle body and the intake manifold... It claims to be dyno proven to increase torque. Yet I question that statement but I may be in error and that is why I'm asking My fellow LS1Techies?

Now most of you have heard of or experienced yourself what a decent spacer will do for a carbarated engine... It's sort of a poor man's version of a high rise manifold. Yet I fail to see what a spacer would benifit a LS1 engine since the fuel is directly injected into each individual cyclinder... That's along way off from where this so called spacer would be located.

What do you all think?
Old 02-02-2005, 05:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by *JC*
So has anyone heard of this? I was reading an article about a spacer made for LS1's. It goes between the throttle body and the intake manifold... It claims to be dyno proven to increase torque. Yet I question that statement but I may be in error and that is why I'm asking My fellow LS1Techies?

Now most of you have heard of or experienced yourself what a decent spacer will do for a carbarated engine... It's sort of a poor man's version of a high rise manifold. Yet I fail to see what a spacer would benifit a LS1 engine since the fuel is directly injected into each individual cyclinder... That's along way off from where this so called spacer would be located.

What do you all think?
Is it a smooth bore? UMIPerformance was supposed to make one, but they never got back to me.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Regular

I think the only gains you'll see from it is that it helps keep your throttle body slightly cooler. I'm pretty sure it's been decided that they aren't worth the effort.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1Maniac
I think the only gains you'll see from it is that it helps keep your throttle body slightly cooler. I'm pretty sure it's been decided that they aren't worth the effort.
Increased plenum volume.