Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with coil relocations come in

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Those with coil relocations come in

I made a coil relocation kit with Taylor 8mm universal wires and now I am having some radio interference. Anyone else have this problem, or cured it? It is worse on some stations than others, and not even all the time. It does change with engine RPM so I am sure that is it. Not really a buz, but a tick,tick in the radio speakers.

Last edited by Cstick; 02-09-2005 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cstick
.. and not I am having some radio interference.
Did you mean now?
Old 02-09-2005, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

noise in the radio usually means the wires are not shielded properly or the radio is grounded improperly, maybe you messed up one of the wires when you made them. is it an aftermarket radio? you can try a ground noise reducer, but i would check the wires.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:26 PM
TECH Regular

Ya, i meant "now".

It is the factory radio. I did not have any noise till I put the wires on, so I am sure that is the problem. I guess I can try the extra 2 wires I made to find the one, but not sure what to do when I think I have found it. Redo the end? I was mainly just wondering if other people have had this problem.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

well once you find the source you can then start trying to fix the wire, it has improper shielding in one spot letting excess power energy bleed out that the radio ground pics up. i would start by redoing the end, making sure the shielding is intact and doesnt have a gap, then if you want you can try to wrap some electrical tape on it or something else to shield it better. i guess no one else has had this problem so its probably just something you did and not the wires themselves, maybe ppl can at least post up that they have the same wires with no problems.