Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When it rains it paws..follow up

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When it rains it paws..follow up

First gotta give thanks to the bro's that helped me out with the advice that was given to this https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/271826-help-need-advice.html

But now for the follow up NOT to good....when it rains it f-ing paws. Just a little bit of where im coming from my other car 89 caddy daily driver had to replace the radiator, and belt, about 2 weeks after that was done the air pump seized up and broke the new belt($80.belt) so in order to replace the air pump guess what had to be taking out to get to 1 bolt on the air pump yes the radiator and then a new belt. Well thats done a grand later and now the tranny is going slipping like a mother. Thats the end of the auto problems but then theres others not going to bore ya with em.

Then the problem with the SS well at first wasnt sure what it was so got a little worried but to find out it was just the battery. So I get the battery and now go to roll it out of the garage so I can work a little better and more light. So I get my dad to get in the car turn the key on so the wheel doesnt lock up and to hit the brake. Well im pushing the car out and now our work van was a little up not in the spot where it normally is....ya know where Im going with this? Yes Im telling him to stop he's stepping on the brake but no brakes and smack right into the van. Well of course I was PISSED not at my dad, but just every thing flashed into my head.

Well even though I used to call it my lil **** the SS that is but deep down it was a virgin never seen bad weather never rained on, washed and covered once every 2 weeks if not more in the spring and summer and zaino here and there. Well now gotta bring it to get sprayed and we all know how that turns out. Hopefully it wont be that bad.
ITS JUST A CAR

Thank for reading my rant but just had to get it off my chest

1BADLSS1
Attached Thumbnails When it rains it paws..follow up-p2060001.jpg   When it rains it paws..follow up-p2060002.jpg  
Old 02-07-2005, 12:29 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Sorry to hear the bad news.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Drag .

I roll my car in and out of the garage sometimes (by myself) when I just want to work on it in the driveway. I had a close call like that once but now I always use a block of wood- I usually roll the front left tire- roll it a little, throw the block under the tire, roll it a little more, throw the block under the tire, etc.

Hope you get her fixed up good as new.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

why would you use a block of wood? that sounds dangerous in it self(visioning missing the tire and the car rolling down the hill). most ppl dont realize that brakes work under vacuum, hense when the motor is running, always use the parking brake when moving the car in this case. sucks that that happened, its hard to react quickly in a panicking situation and remember about the emergency brake.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

also when it rains it paws?? what happened to pours? or are you referring to raining cats and dogs(paws), lol.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hourang
why would you use a block of wood? that sounds dangerous in it self(visioning missing the tire and the car rolling down the hill). most ppl dont realize that brakes work under vacuum, hense when the motor is running, always use the parking brake when moving the car in this case. sucks that that happened, its hard to react quickly in a panicking situation and remember about the emergency brake.
Driveway is only slightly downhill. Roll the car a couple of feet and throw the chock under the tire. Keep doing this until you get it where you want it. If your driveway is steep... you're right, forget it.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hourang
also when it rains it paws?? what happened to pours? or are you referring to raining cats and dogs(paws), lol.
I knew someone was going to bust my ***** haha. Yeah I f-ed up I caught that later on in my head later on in the night. I got a lot of $hit goning on thats buming the hell out of me between the SS, havent work in the past 3 weeks due to weather to cold and snow, dumping money into my so called beater car, I think I want to break up with my girlfriend but she treats me like a King one of the best girls that Iv ever been with....But thats something else. Well now ya know how my head is all fcked up but oh well not a big deal...like I said when it rains it paws i mean pours
Old 02-08-2005, 07:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1BADLSS1
I knew someone was going to bust my ***** haha. Yeah I f-ed up I caught that later on in my head later on in the night. I got a lot of $hit goning on thats buming the hell out of me between the SS, havent work in the past 3 weeks due to weather to cold and snow, dumping money into my so called beater car, I think I want to break up with my girlfriend but she treats me like a King one of the best girls that Iv ever been with....But thats something else. Well now ya know how my head is all fcked up but oh well not a big deal...like I said when it rains it paws i mean pours
yeah didnt mean any offense by that just thought it was funny. i really feel for ya man i know how that is. looks like you could really use some