Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP and Kooks Y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 11:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QTP and Kooks Y pipe

Did a serach and didn't find the answer.

Are the QTP and Kooks Y pipes the only ones that fit those headers? Will the TSP y pipe fit those headers or are they different?

Will the TSP duals fit those headers?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the long version to a short answer:

TSP also makes a true dual system that bolt up to Jet-Hots, Hookers, and Pacesetters. There are many people on this board, including myself, who have installed these true duals without making ANY modifications on Kook's, QTP's and others with slip fit connectors.

So, I assume that the primary pipes off the y are similar if not exactly the same as the primary pipes on their true dual setup. If this is the case, they SHOULD fit your Kook's.

I have also been contemplating their catted y since my true duals are too low for my taste and I can't stand the rasp I'm currently getting with my ORY. If I do go this route, I'll let you know.

Short answer: The TSP's may fit, but they may not. My advice would be to buy one used for cheap and see if you can get it to fit, then let me know!