Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPIS 90mm TB

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry TPIS 90mm TB

Jason99T/A installed my heads and LSX 90mm/TPIS 90mm TB combo this past weekend (did a great job btw). When he first started it up, he could tell it was having a huge vaccum problem, so he removed the breather and replaced it with an oil cap to see if that was causing it.

It got WORSE, and he could hear the TB whistling. When he pulled the TB off, my intake was all slicked with oil, and he noticed why. The new TPIS 90mm TB's come with the fresh air provision, only they put it in the wrong place .

The fresh air is supposed to be in front of the blade, and instead TPIS put it behind the blade, creating double vaccum. I thought they would have caught something like that.

Just thought I'd warn everyone to watch out.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dooh!
Old 02-10-2005, 02:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSUxBlake
Jason99T/A installed my heads and LSX 90mm/TPIS 90mm TB combo this past weekend (did a great job btw). When he first started it up, he could tell it was having a huge vaccum problem, so he removed the breather and replaced it with an oil cap to see if that was causing it.

It got WORSE, and he could hear the TB whistling. When he pulled the TB off, my intake was all slicked with oil, and he noticed why. The new TPIS 90mm TB's come with the fresh air provision, only they put it in the wrong place .

The fresh air is supposed to be in front of the blade, and instead TPIS put it behind the blade, creating double vaccum. I thought they would have caught something like that.

Just thought I'd warn everyone to watch out.
Yea this was posted a couple week's ago, just call Jim or Myron up at TPIS and they will have you ship it out to them and they will fix it that day and ship it out to you on the same day. Mine work's great now, they are great to deal with.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

any pics of this? i just got one. i am about ready to install.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't have any pics, Jason took it over to Allan, who then sent it back to TPIS to get it fixed. I'm running Jason's FAST 90mm right now (brand new, and the throttle sticks its *** off), and oh how I can't wait to get my TPIS back.