Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter Lt's Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter Lt's Question

I just brought pacesetter lt for my 2001 ws6 got them yesterday and i was looking over them and i noticed that the flange that bolts to the engine is not true or completely flat it has high spots on the engine side i guess where the weld came through or maybe from the heat of the weld on the other side. You can notice it very easily i dont think it will seal with the gaskets that i brought from GM because they dont give that much, it would probally work with there **** gaskets that pacesetter gives you but i am not putting those on. anyone elses look like that and does anyone have any suggestions? The headers are coated so i dont know if i should grind the high spots down.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

Call them up and tell them.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

mine had just a tiny amount of weld flash on them and they sealed up just fine with the GM gaskets. In all actuallity you can probably just grind them down and not have any problems with the coating on the engine side. If the flanges are bent then you should call them up and let them know.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Teching In

I called them today and they wanted measurements so i am going to take them to work tomorrow and measure them with a straight edge and guage but the guy from pacesetter wasn't really any help he sounded disgruntled and didn't care to much.