Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default quick question

alright so after i got my headers but on every time i try and start the car it wont start, it jsut backfires, eventually after a few tries and numerous backfires it starts up. when me and a friend were putting the coil packs on, neither of us knew which went where, so could it be because of the coil packs order, if so how can you determine the order on the factory coil packs, another guy is having a similar problem but he was messing with his coils, heres what he and another guy had to say in a different post

Re: Tried to start car today after coil relocation, loud popping noises!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does it matter what coil goes where, or just how they are wired up?

I realize this has become external engine instead of internal, so if someone can answer this for sure, I'll delete it or the mods can move it.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Definitely sounds like a spark issue. It does matter where the coil packs are from my experience. Have heard stories like this, where the coil packs were taken off, and got mixed up, driver side on passenger, and passenger on driver.
I would also check spark plugs and wires. I would try swapping sides, couldn't do anything worse than what it is doing now, assuming it starts.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Regular

yeah, well the wires and plugs are good, just put em on and checked em so im thinking might be the coil packs, but on the 98's the coil packs arent all connected, theyre individual