Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stupid question about removing accessories from LS6 manifold

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Red face stupid question about removing accessories from LS6 manifold

I am selling my custom painted manifold and cant seem to get these 2 parts off it? Heres a picture, I am sure its pretty easy but I am doing something wrong. I tried turning the part in the back of the manifold and it just keeps turning, dont want to break anything so I thought I would ask her.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...chmentid=24312

thanks
Old 02-11-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think the rear piece comes off...I just went through this earlier this week. When you purchase another intake, it will come with that rear piece attached...I spun and spun and spun and it wouldn't come off...just gently pull the electronic connector up and off and leave the plastic piece attached...just unclamp the brake booster hose and remove that, too...for the other line (EVAP), just press in the grey ring and pull the whole hose off the brass fitting...you can then depress the plastic tab and slide the whole EVAP bracket/solenoid off of the manifold...hope this was clear and helpful...
Old 02-11-2005, 06:37 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lawman is right on the EVAP line, just depress the ring and it slides. its a bit tricky at first.