Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLP's or Kooks LT Headers???

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLP's or Kooks LT Headers???

Ok, i am stuck between getting FLP's or Kooks. One of the big problems is that im not sure where i can even get FLP's. Ive been looking forever for them but cant find them anywhere. Not sure if there under a different name or something, i think there made by dynatech though. Anyway anyone know where i can find them and which ones would be a better choice. I wanna eventually get them without cats, true dual exhaust, and dual cut-outs, i already have magnaflow cat-back, but im sure that has to change for true duals. Anybody have any info, would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have flp's. You should get kooks espesially if you're going to get an x pipe. FLP only sells theirs as a kit w/ headers, y, cats, and off road pipes, and kooks are stainless. I heard they are not making headers for f bodys any more.
www.flp2win.com
Old 02-14-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
I have flp's. You should get kooks espesially if you're going to get an x pipe. FLP only sells theirs as a kit w/ headers, y, cats, and off road pipes, and kooks are stainless. I heard they are not making headers for f bodys any more.
www.flp2win.com
Heard they were having issues with coatings.

Compairing Kooks to FLPs is like apples to oranges. FLPs are coated and Kooks are SS. Go with Kooks or a set of QTP's.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would say go with Kook's I did and couldn't be happier.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ohh yeah Kook's customer service is among the best. They really took care of me in a time of need.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:27 AM
TECH Regular

Ok, it sounds like Kooks it is, how do they hook up with the true duals, who should i go to for true duals and what size kooks should i use. I heard that the 1 7/8 are horrible to installa nd have ground clearance issues, so should i get 1 3/4. Also where can i find the kooks, i checked there website but cant find them for f-bodies, i am having trouble sorthing through there page. When i click on headers all i mostly see are for cobras. Oh, and if you cant tell by what i wanna do, sound is very important and after the exhaust and rear-end the car is getting a TREX cam.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PewterWSSicc
Also where can i find the kooks, i checked there website but cant find them for f-bodies, i am having trouble sorthing through there page. When i click on headers all i mostly see are for cobras.
I agree there web site is very confusing, check the other sponsors.

Here is a GP you can get in on.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials/272796-large-gp-kooks-products.html
Old 02-14-2005, 08:39 AM
11 Second Club

Stainless steel is the way to go..thats why i got QTPs
Old 02-14-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Kooks make more hp from what ive heard
Old 02-14-2005, 09:19 AM
TECH Resident

I have kooks lt's. The ORY sucks and bangs like crazy. I ended buying TSP true duals, they bolt right up to the kooks even though it doesn't say so on their website. They will also work for QTP's. The only problem I have is cleareance. I wish they made a 2.5" system. That would help for clearance alot.

Get ahold of Matt at TTP. Great guy and gave me a great price. He even hooked me up on a GP price for the y-pipe which I ended up purchasing later, after the GP ended.