Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iac

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Iac

I pulled the IAC from the TB and it had carbon build up on it. I wanted to see if the valve would move with the ignition turned on, not started, and the plunger shot across the garage. Not sure if it was suppose to do that. I guess I definitely need a new one now. My car has had problems idling and thought the IAC went bad. Does it sound like the IAC was bad or did I screw it up myself?
Old 02-16-2005, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blacker
I pulled the IAC from the TB and it had carbon build up on it. I wanted to see if the valve would move with the ignition turned on, not started, and the plunger shot across the garage. Not sure if it was suppose to do that. I guess I definitely need a new one now. My car has had problems idling and thought the IAC went bad. Does it sound like the IAC was bad or did I screw it up myself?

I've done that too. Find the part that shot out and just push it back in and install it back into the tb and it should work just fine.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Was there a spring that went in before the plunger? I found one of those under the car and I assume it was part of the IAC.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blacker
Was there a spring that went in before the plunger? I found one of those under the car and I assume it was part of the IAC.
Yes there was.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

All back together. Thanks, jm8881.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Another question? When the ignition switch is turned "ON" to "OFF", does the IAC motor supposed to make noise? Mine seems to have a grinding noise when doing this. Since this is an expensive part, I want to make sure the part is bad.