Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will a borla exhaust from a 95 lt1 fit my 02 ls1? please help

Old 02-17-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will a borla exhaust from a 95 lt1 fit my 02 ls1? please help

im looking to buy a borla exhaust its from a 95 lt1 i have a 02 ls1 trans am, will the borla fit? what do i have to do to make it fit right and what parts are needed and where do i get them? thanks
Old 02-17-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bluecmaro96
im looking to buy a borla exhaust its from a 95 lt1 i have a 02 ls1 trans am, will the borla fit? what do i have to do to make it fit right and what parts are needed and where do i get them? thanks
Fairly certain it will not. I believe the Y-pipe ends in a different place.

A exhaust shop could probably fix something up..if it is too short..a welder and some piping is all you will need. If too long, a welder and a cutter are the tools you will need.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

Now see I was told my thirdgen SLP exhaust would bolt up no problem...and now your saying even an older 4thgen exhaust won't bolt up...

SOMEONE please set the record straight here lol
Old 02-18-2005, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

I took the SLP 2OTL exhaust off of my 94Z, chopped it in just the right spot with a sawzall, and bolted it up to my 98Z. No problems here. You may need an adapter or two from AutoZone (to make up for tubing size differences). Also the hangars were slightly different on the rear.

The single cat LT1 cars had an S at the front of the intermediate pipe. This got eliminated for the dual cat cars (some 95 and all 96+). I chopped off that bend and was able to use it no problem (with some creative clamp and hangar work, of course).
Old 02-18-2005, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes it will...Any good exhaust shop can make it fit...I know this to be a fact because not too long ago a guy here locally bought my '95 single cat Hooker cat-back and put it on his dual cat '01 Z28...Now how they did it, I don't really know since I wasn't there, but they did get it on within an hour without any problems (just a little bit of cutting to the I-pipe I believe to make it fit correct). And the hangers had to be adjusted too I believe...

Good luck,

Mike
Old 02-18-2005, 01:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000LS1Z28
Yes it will...Any good exhaust shop can make it fit...I know this to be a fact because not too long ago a guy here locally bought my '95 single cat Hooker cat-back and put it on his dual cat '01 Z28...Now how they did it, I don't really know since I wasn't there, but they did get it on within an hour without any problems (just a little bit of cutting to the I-pipe I believe to make it fit correct). And the hangers had to be adjusted too I believe...

Good luck,

Mike
^ Yep. If it's off of a single cat `95 then it will need to be cut a bit. If it's from a dual cat `95 then it should fit. The loud mouth on my car now was on my 97 Z28 and I made no modifications to it when I put it on the TA.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

like said before, take it to a exhaust shop you know does good work, and they will make it fit. find out about the single or dual cats though, it might help them know what they are up against. i dont think you can do it yourself though
Old 02-18-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by abadss
i dont think you can do it yourself though
Huh? I did mine myself. In my driveway on jackstands. It ain't rocket science, it's exhaust pipes for cryin' out loud.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: will a borla exhaust from a 95 lt1 fit my 02 ls1? please help