Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 step help

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 step help

i am trying to wire my two step on my 04 vette and am having some trouble. i wired the white wire to one side of a momentary contact switch and the other side to a chassis ground. the grey wire from the 2 step is to the grey wire on the clutch switch that is depressed when the clutch is disengaged. however, it is not working. when the grey wire from the 2 step is hooked up to the ground side of the switch it shows 3 volts when the clutch is depressed and the 2 step is not working. i checked the voltage on this switch when the two step is not connected and it showed 0 when the clutch was depressed. when the clutch is released it showed 14 volts. i then hit the momentary switch with the grey wire from the 2 step not connected to anything and it worked, so my chassis ground is good. i grounded the grey wire from the 2 step to the battery and the 2 step released like it is suppoesed to. whats going on? thanks. fyi i tried hooking it up to pin 35 on the blue connector since 32 is blank and it did not work. also it worked great when it was on my ws6.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would call or email harlan and ask or do a search.good luck.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got a reply from harlan and the clutch switch on the vette has the polarity switched so i need to relay the ground. dam GM cost me about four hours of pulling my hair out. thanks harlan you da man.