Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about removing AIR system???

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about removing AIR system???

i removed my AIR pump, hoses, and two other things that appear to be a round canister and an electric solenoid. well, the thing that the solenoid plugged into...i just left there. is this ok? also, there was a small little vaccum line that came off the round canister that sits at the back of the intake manifold on the drivers side....its maybe 1/4" in diameter if that. well, i didnt know what to do with this so i plugged it with a bolt. someone tell me what ive done right/wrong with this whole process. im wondering if i have a vaccum leak cuz my engine jerks every couple seconds. its especially noticeable at idle, but even when rpms are up u can still see the engine jerk back and forth. i have been trying to diagnose this problem for a while. anyway, back to the original topic, what about the vaccum line and the solenoid that is still there?
Old 02-21-2005, 03:48 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you did every that your supposed to, including plugging up the vaccum line.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

might want to use some gasket maket w/the bolt if you think you're gettin a small vacuum leak, that'll solve it for you. thats what i did and i've run it that way for 10k+ miles.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

well, i put some silicone around the bolt....so i guess thats not my problem
what about the electrical piece....do i just leave that attached being that its not plugged up to anything?