Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLP headers to True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 02:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLP headers to True Duals

I have the FLP to ORY kit, with the off-road pipe inserts in (no cats) to a Borla cat-back that's open. As eveyrone knows, I'm getting alot of rasp around 2000-2200 rpm, and am wanting to get rid of it. I'm also putting my car on a diet for this summer, and am thinking of switching to true duals to cut some weight. Will tsp, or anyone elses X-pipe bolt up to the FLP headers, or will I need to switch headers also? Thanks.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

I'm not sure that the duals will save you any weight at all over your current setup. My duals FEEL a hell of a lot heavier than my y-pipe and catback. I could be wrong though.

tsp will not bolt up because the flp's have a bolt on flange don't they? That is, the collectors have a flange to them right? The tsp's are slip fit, so if your headers have a flange it won't work without some modifications.

I should have done some research before I responded to this question. Maybe someone can help you out better than I can.

EDIT: Okay, I'm right as usual FLP's are now called Dynatechs. same design, 2.5" collectors, bolt up flange. TSP's won't fit.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Launching!

Well losing the weight isn't as big of an issue as getting rid of the rasp. Although getting rid of the borla has to save some weight. Does anyone know of any x-pipes I could use for a true dual setup? Or have any suggestions. Thanks.

Michael
Old 02-23-2005, 09:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by O'dell
Well losing the weight isn't as big of an issue as getting rid of the rasp. Although getting rid of the borla has to save some weight. Does anyone know of any x-pipes I could use for a true dual setup? Or have any suggestions. Thanks.

Michael
I also have FLP headers and tsp won't fit without modifications.
I'm just going to spend the money and go with the true duals from speed inc.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:10 AM
TECH Resident

Find a muffler shop you can trust. Order up a Dr.Gas x-pipe (2.5" in, 2.5" out). Take it to the muffler shop and have them custom bend some duals that dump before the axle. Your muffler choices are plentiful: dynomax bullets, sweet thunder chambered, borla xr1, pro flo twisters, magnaflow 4x9, flowmaster single chamber, atr pitbulls, etc.

Do a search on these mufflers and visit ls1sounds.com to pick a pair you like. Make sure the shop you go to is using a mandrel bender. Total, with labor and parts, shouldn't cost more than $400-$500. Post in the appropriate regional forum on this site and try to find a good shop in KY. A lot of guys on here must have had some experiences with muffler shops in KY.

Good luck, let us know what you decide.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talk to Lanes performance in Dallas, he made mine for my FLP's. 3" mandrel bent dumped w/ spintech twister mufflers. He should be able to hook you up, a bit more pricey than TSP but better ground clearence and better sound IMO.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
Talk to Lanes performance in Dallas, he made mine for my FLP's. 3" mandrel bent dumped w/ spintech twister mufflers. He should be able to hook you up, a bit more pricey than TSP but better ground clearence and better sound IMO.
Cool, Thanks. How do you like your true duals and do you have any ground clearance problems? Thanks.

Michael
Old 02-24-2005, 09:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These duals are pretty damn nice IMO. Much better ground clearence than TSP. In fact these tuck up tighter than the POS FLP y pipe. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again. But, expect to pay $60+ in shipping (freight shipping to your place of work may help) as they are shipped as one peice already completley welded and assembled.