Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought used electric cutout, need assistance with the toggle

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought used electric cutout, need assistance with the toggle

I already have everything installed, but I am trying to wire the toggle switch. There is only one read wire coming out of the back of the toggle switch. Is the switch supposed to get the ground from the cutout directly, or should the toggle switch also have one ground wire coming out the back too. Maybe when they pull the toggle switch they pulled out the ground? I know I have 12volt power going to the switch, and I have a meter that confirms this, but there is not ground source coming from the wire that connects directly to the electric cutout. So where is the ground supposed to come from?
Old 02-26-2005, 01:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just looked at mine since I just pulled it off to sell and it had 3 wires coming out. A hot(red), a ground(black) and the cutout hook up wire. When I had mine wired I just wired into the cigarette lighter wired and it worked great. Good Luck
Old 02-26-2005, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What kind of electric opener do you have? My QTEC had 1 red (positive), 1 black (ground) and 1 grey (power to opener) coming off of the switch. The switch has to have a ground wire. The person that you bought it from more than likely ripped the ground wire out. I plugged the red (positive) wire coming off of the switch into the ignition slot on the fuse panel thats on the side of the dashboard. I grounded the switch with a screw on the firewall behind the pedals.

Last edited by CRL 01 SS; 02-26-2005 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, you should have a ground wire coming off the switch - I used the black wire off the cig lighter for ground.