Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What headers whould I choose?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What headers whould I choose?

I finally decided to revamp my exhaust system. I own a 1998 A4 TA with 53,000 miles as a daily driver. I was overseas with the military for over three years while I owned the car. I want to get a Borla 3way adjustable catback and Long Tube Headers. I also want to remain 50 state emmisions compliant. I've been told that LT headers will decrease my fuel efficiency but others I've talked to debated that issue. The only LT Headers I noted on a Cali emmisions website that were approved for my vehicle are Hooker Super Competition LTs. One mechanic mentioned that Hedman were approved also.

Any recommendations on getting 50 state emmisions approved LT headers?

Thanx for your opinions in advance.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

First, welcome back to the states and thanks for serving

There are no long tubes that are 50 state legal...everyone of them will move the cats which will make it illegal

The hookers are shorty headers and are legal, as are the edelbrock and any other shorty header. I believe the BBK shortys are the best because they are 1 and 3/4 over 1 5/8.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you want shortys or LT's? Like said above, LT's arent legal. But, you may be able to find people who 'overlook' such things during testing. I would go for Stainless LT's, either Kooks or QTP. Both are excellent quality, and fit great. Only downside is their expensive.