Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP's offering a new style "Dual/Dual" catback....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 04:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP's offering a new style "Dual/Dual" catback....

I just got a flier in the mail today about some new products from SLP, they have the loudmouth 2, and now they have the "Power-Flo Stainless Steel Catback", which looks like the dual/dual, but with a new "power-flo" muffler, anyone else see this? The price is pretty nice too $349.95 with a lifetime warranty, looks like Magnaflow has some competition now. It's not on the SLP site, but it's in this new product flier they sent me. I can scan the page with it on there if anyone is interested...
Old 02-26-2005, 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

Here's a pic of the system with some other stuff, it looks like the dual/dual muffler, but they call it the "power-flo" muffler, wonder if it's the same?

Old 02-26-2005, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a new parts catatlog from them in the mail yesterday and it showed the same thing except the muffler was different from what you have posted. I have an SLP Dual/Dual system and the muffler that they have in the flyer was called a "Power Flo" but it is definitely a different muffler than pictured above. They also have it priced for $349.00! If that is the case, I may try it out. I checked the site though and they only have the Dual/Dual listed so I may call them and find out.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:31 PM
12 Second Club

exactly, that was posted online with the 350 HP package and they said it was the power-flo muffler, but it looks like the dual/dual muffler, wonder if it's any louder then the dual/dual???
Old 02-26-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know, but I am going to find out. If it retails for $349.00, I'm going to go for it. That new Loud Mouth II looks good also. I DO NOT like the standard Lound Mouth but that one may sound good.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:31 PM
10 Second Club

That's pretty interesting and only half the price of the standard dual/dual. Is it still stainless? Wonder if the muffler is better flowing and louder. I like how the D/D was quite though. Anybody try out the loudmouth II yet? I want to hear one real bad. What muffler are they using now for that one?

Dan
Old 02-26-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

Can anyone find out if they might offer this new Power Flow muffler with the CME setup and if it's louder than normal dual-dual?
Old 02-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new loudmouth 2 set up coming out from SLP looks just like loudmouth except for a couple of things . One , it comes with a powerflow muffler that on the outside looks just like the loudmouth muffler , but on the inside , it actually has internals to quiet the noise down a bit vs. the loudmouth , Two , right now the loudmouths and loudmouth 2's are backordered until around Mar. 14th , I know we have a bunch of them ordered and they will all be the new modular design which the change consists of the loudmouth resonator or powerflow muffler (depending on which system you go with) is now a slip fit connection on either side in the system which allows the option to swap out the loudmouth muffler to go with the powerflow muffler is the loudmouth is too loud for you or vice versa (these used to be welded fixed in the system) . You will however have to purchase the other muffler at an additional cost if you do want to do so . We will be selling them for $314.95 when we get them in stock .

Thanks ,
Mike
www.neweraperformanceparts.com
sales@neweraperformanceparts.com
585-865-1832
Old 02-26-2005, 11:02 PM
10 Second Club

Looking forward to hearing some sound clips of these new set ups.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by New Era Performance
The new loudmouth 2 set up coming out from SLP looks just like loudmouth except for a couple of things . One , it comes with a powerflow muffler that on the outside looks just like the loudmouth muffler , but on the inside , it actually has internals to quiet the noise down a bit vs. the loudmouth , Two , right now the loudmouths and loudmouth 2's are backordered until around Mar. 14th , I know we have a bunch of them ordered and they will all be the new modular design which the change consists of the loudmouth resonator or powerflow muffler (depending on which system you go with) is now a slip fit connection on either side in the system which allows the option to swap out the loudmouth muffler to go with the powerflow muffler is the loudmouth is too loud for you or vice versa (these used to be welded fixed in the system) . You will however have to purchase the other muffler at an additional cost if you do want to do so . We will be selling them for $314.95 when we get them in stock .

Thanks ,
Mike
www.neweraperformanceparts.com
sales@neweraperformanceparts.com
585-865-1832
Are you saying you can't get the power flow muffler only with the loudmouth II? You need to buy it seperatly after purchasing the loudmouth II?

What about the Dual/Dual, what's the story there?

Dan
Old 02-26-2005, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is no way that set-up is going to get 350 HP . Still, sounds like a really good system.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:42 PM
12 Second Club

Well I scanned a pic of the system and I also scanned a pic of the noise comparison of the three mufflers SLP offers, here you go....
Attached Thumbnails SLP's offering a new style "Dual/Dual" catback....-2.jpg   SLP's offering a new style "Dual/Dual" catback....-lastscan.jpg  
Old 02-27-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, the second picture is the one that I am intereseted in. That muffler is different than the Dual/Daul, visually anyway. I checked their site with the part number listed on the flyer and it comes up with the standard Dual/Dual with a price of $600.00+!
Old 02-27-2005, 12:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by n2oblkz
I checked their site with the part number listed on the flyer and it comes up with the standard Dual/Dual with a price of $600.00+!
hmmmm, interesting....