Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true duals: TSP vs Lane's

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default true duals: TSP vs Lane's

I've tried the search button multiple times now, and it's not working. I just ordered Pacesetter LT's, and I'm gonna be getting true duals pretty soon, and I'm absolutely torn between TSP's setup and Lane's. I've decided to go 3" as I'll be getting a cam and heads in the not too distant future. I also know Lane uses the Dr. Gas X pipe and TSP just uses something like what you'd get from Jegs. My main concern with the 2 setups is ground clearance and banging. Which setup has the best clearance and tends to fit the best? I'd like to save some $ with the TSP, but with Lane's being a custom built, I tend to think I'll have better fitment and would be willing to spend the extra to get the best clearance I can. Pricing for TSP is $420 shipped, and Lane's is $495 plus shipping. thanks for the help

Jason
Old 03-06-2005, 06:02 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro99SS
I've tried the search button multiple times now, and it's not working. I just ordered Pacesetter LT's, and I'm gonna be getting true duals pretty soon, and I'm absolutely torn between TSP's setup and Lane's. I've decided to go 3" as I'll be getting a cam and heads in the not too distant future. I also know Lane uses the Dr. Gas X pipe and TSP just uses something like what you'd get from Jegs. My main concern with the 2 setups is ground clearance and banging. Which setup has the best clearance and tends to fit the best? I'd like to save some $ with the TSP, but with Lane's being a custom built, I tend to think I'll have better fitment and would be willing to spend the extra to get the best clearance I can. Pricing for TSP is $420 shipped, and Lane's is $495 plus shipping. thanks for the help

Jason
I love my TSP's, sorry I have never seen lanes td's. I haven't had any issues with ground clearance but I am very careful when I drive it. It took a little adjusting to get mine just right but I took the time to do it right. I have qtp's with my setup. I have some pics if you like.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

All I can tell you, is that the Lane's are very high quality. The Dr. gas X is the diffrence in the price, and probablly the diffrence in HP. I'd spend the extra $ and go with him.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:16 PM
12 Second Club

I have a lanes 3" TD and love them fit great and a lot of ground clearance. I would go through lane again in a heartbeat. Great product and customer service But ether way the 3" duals simply sound bad ***

Dan
Old 03-06-2005, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

yea the main difference between the two is the X pipe, TSP makes their own and Lane uses the Dr. Gas X, I would go with Lane's, his has the best ground clearance and the system all around is just the best IMO...
Old 03-06-2005, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have TSP's and the fitment and quality is great, I have stock ride highth but the system tucked up nicely and is not a problem driving around. I have no banging issues, no problems at all. They make a great product and are worth the money. I have heard great things about Lane's, but TSP makes as good a system in my opinion and for a less $$. Kind of hard to improve that kind of exhaust. Both are 3" with an X pipe, both are quality, both are proven pieces, who do you want to give your money to is the only issue I see.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

I just installed Lane's duals this weekend. I drove 5 hours for the install and would recommend them to anyone looking for duals. The work is exceptional and the ground clearance is wonderful, I have as much clearance as my ORY was before. again HIGHLY recommend Lane's for duals.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just ordered Lanes duals to hook up to my new QTP headers, and I'm going to extend it under the axle.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

can someone post a link for lanes true dual setup, i am also lookin for a good setup
Old 03-07-2005, 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ls1sounds.com under true duals...there are a couple pics at the bottom...the ones that are a brownish color are the lanes...i think it is an h-pipe but you get the general idea...anyhow i have tsp but the lanes looks to be a nice setup
Old 03-07-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://ls1sounds.com/true_duals/lane...c_truedual.jpg

there is one...you can do a search for "lanes true duals .jpg" that should find some
Old 03-07-2005, 11:52 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

unless your driving up to texas to have the lanes fitted custom on your car i'd opt for the TSP. if your withing driving distance i'd say lanes in a heartbeat. i've got TSP and wasnt to impresssed with the quality and you've got to spend alot of time to get the bests clearance.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jrp
unless your driving up to texas to have the lanes fitted custom on your car i'd opt for the TSP. if your withing driving distance i'd say lanes in a heartbeat. i've got TSP and wasnt to impresssed with the quality and you've got to spend alot of time to get the bests clearance.
Why would you order TSP as opposed to Lanes? I just ordered Lane's setup (I'm 6 hours drive away) just because I'm installing headers at the same time and don't want to drive with open headers for 6 hours. He makes the setup on a jig, so it should fit very close to the same whether he installs it or I install it. If you would have Lane install them in a heartbeat, why wouldnt you order Lane's setup in a heartbeat as well over TSP?
Old 03-07-2005, 08:15 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Originally Posted by jrp
It takes me about 1/2 hour - 45min to get the clearance where it needs to be including installing them. I've seen pics of a lot of amatuer installs, but once you see where they are supposed to be and get them there they fit really well. Having a lift kinda helps but, I've also installed them with decent results using jackstands as well.

Here is a system I installed for hugger1975 (stealing his pic too): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...5/100_0306.jpg
Old 03-08-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the good words guys.

Ours does cost a bit more, because of the Dr Gas X we use, and it's a fully welded system made for each application.

Both have their good points.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had Lanes on my car for awhile and the fit was great and so was ground clearance. The only reason i took them off was the drone. But you will have that with all the duals if you have the dynomax bullets. After i took them off and went back to my borla..... i was shocked at the diffference. As soon as i rolled out and smacked it i knew i had messed up. I could feel a power loss on the bottom end. So that is why im going back with the duals!! I would recomend the Lanes as well.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silverbeast
I had Lanes on my car for awhile and the fit was great and so was ground clearance. The only reason i took them off was the drone. But you will have that with all the duals if you have the dynomax bullets. After i took them off and went back to my borla..... i was shocked at the diffference. As soon as i rolled out and smacked it i knew i had messed up. I could feel a power loss on the bottom end. So that is why im going back with the duals!! I would recomend the Lanes as well.
That's why I'm going with the Twister mufflers instead of Bullets.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lane does great work, I've seen some of the setups he's built to be shipped out. They look just like the setups he puts on cars....so unless you have a radical setup his should fit REALLY well.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
Lane does great work, I've seen some of the setups he's built to be shipped out. They look just like the setups he puts on cars....so unless you have a radical setup his should fit REALLY well.
Awesome, that's what I want to hear. He said mine should ship out by the beginning of next week.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

I will say it again, Lanes duals fit really well, you can't see my from the rear unless you are damn near on the ground looking under the car. My car is also quite low and I haven't hit them yet and have driven on some BAD roads. You won't regret getting them.