Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powercoating TB !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Powdercoating TB !!!

Who has had there TB powdercoated? I went to see a guy about powdercoating mine and he said I had to take it a part and take out some springs or something. Can anyone tell me more about this? I really want to do this.

Last edited by nharrison02ss; 03-09-2005 at 12:30 AM.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

might have better luck asking about powder coating.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take some brake clean and a rag and clean the inlet and outlet of the TB and take a marker and trace were the blade is closed. take a T-20 bit and take both sensors off and then take a T-15 bit and take the screws out of the shaft that hold the throttle blade in. There is a ring pressed on the end of the shaft(behind were the throttle position sensor was) that will come off easily when you tap on the shaft with a dead plow/piece of wood/brass hammer and that will allow you to take the shaft out. Now that you have the TB disassembled you can take it to the guy to powder coat. Just incase you are wondering why I told you to mark were the throttle blade was is while its apart port that biotch and the mark is were the throttle blade has to seal off and to port from that mark back to the intrance of the TB. Cut the ridge that is in front of the blade out and blend it with the rest of the inlet and horn shape the rest, but do not mess with anything past the marker line. This is just a freebee lesson
Old 03-09-2005, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

thanks Bo White!!