Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headers n exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers n exhaust

I have a 99 z28 and plan on buying headers n exhaust for it. I would some advice on what brands to buy and what all i need to buy. Try not to get 2 expensive but good quality
Old 03-17-2005, 01:14 AM
TECH Regular

I went with Pacesetters. I got my whole exhaust for a steal on this site, but brand new they're cheap too. You might hear that the y pipe fits like crap, but from what I've read they revised it, so there shouldn't be any problems anymore. As for what you need to buy, I would invest on some gear wrenches, flex metalic gaskets for the headers, and some jacks to raise that car up high enough. Don't think you car jack will work because it won't. It doesn't go up high enough. Good luck
Old 03-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Yeah, I'm with thebatman411. tools are one of the first things to worry about.
If you go pacesetters, get a texas speed Y-pipe.
I went Pacesetters because of price and performance. I also went texas speed true duels. So if you want sound it's hard to beat TD's.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Best bang for the buck in my opinion are the coated Pacesetter LT headers and Texas-Speed Y-pipe (off-road or catted). I installed these on my car a few weekends ago and the fit is excellent. As far as catbacks go, it's a matter of personal preference. Click on my signature pic and listen to the sound clips to find a sound that you like then go with that. Two of the cheaper and popular cat-backs are the Hooker and Magnaflow.

If you want real loud, you can also do true duals dumped before the axle. I have a whole page full of TD combinations to listen to, including dumped and all the way out the back.