Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header install Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Default Header install Question

I am going to be installing my header but I am unsure what all materials I will need. I have the QTP race headers which means no EGR/AIR. Right now I have the following

GM Header Gaskets
O2 Extensions 24"
EGR Manifold Plug
I am getting the block off plates but do I need both the EGR and AIR block off plates, or just the Air block off plates. Also should I buy gaskets for the the plates.

Thanks guys for you help.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you get the race headers, you wont need block off plates for any of it since it wont be there. Just remove your EGR and AIR systems off of your car, and have the DTC codes deleted out of your computer so you wont have a light on all the time
Old 03-13-2005, 03:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

also i see you are from Cali.... make sure you check and make sure you can have some one you know inspect your car since you probably wont be too emissions friendly for them out there...
Old 03-13-2005, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankSS
If you get the race headers, you wont need block off plates for any of it since it wont be there. Just remove your EGR and AIR systems off of your car, and have the DTC codes deleted out of your computer so you wont have a light on all the time