Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true duals with manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default true duals with manifolds

ok my car is a 1998 z28 automatic. it has the slp loud mouth as of now. i want to run a straight pipe on ea side to a 18" bullet or a xr-1 borla muffler for now. then il get the headers and the pipe should still work just have to be cut back. its all stuff i can do here at work. just wanting to know how it will sound until i get the headers compared to the loud mouth? also how would the dyno max rac muffler sound? looks just like the xr-1? please any info on loudness deepness, rasp? loss in power? gain in power? anything please thanks!
Old 03-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Launching!

anyone?
Old 03-14-2005, 07:19 PM
Launching!

please help haha! ok wut will sound better if i keep the slp loud mouth i have. if i put the dynomax race muffler or the borla xr-1 how do those to differ? how much quieter
Old 03-15-2005, 01:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds like it would be pretty raspy to me. I had a single race type muffler like a bullet on the I-pipe and dumped just past the axle and it was not bad with cats but without it would be pretty raspy. Then I put a set of Mac mids on there and it really sounded like ***. I hated it. Now, long tubes to a Hooker aerochamber exhaust and it's perfect.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

don't do it, it'll sound horrible. I'd say if your going to go through all that trouble, spend the extra cash to do it right. it'll sound/perform better.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Mine through 1 chamber Flowmaster's sounded reallllly good. There was no rasp at all.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ineedatruck
ok my car is a 1998 z28 automatic. it has the slp loud mouth as of now. i want to run a straight pipe on ea side to a 18" bullet or a xr-1 borla muffler for now. then il get the headers and the pipe should still work just have to be cut back. its all stuff i can do here at work. just wanting to know how it will sound until i get the headers compared to the loud mouth? also how would the dyno max rac muffler sound? looks just like the xr-1? please any info on loudness deepness, rasp? loss in power? gain in power? anything please thanks!
Same thing I said yesterday, when you asked the same question..

Originally Posted by Keenov
Originally Posted by ineedatruck
how would straight pipe off the stock manifolds to an 18" bullet or a borla xr-1 muffler sound? on a stock 1998 z28 camaro
Like ****, get long tubes