Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 questions. Alternater EGR ECU, DBW....

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 questions. Alternater EGR ECU, DBW....

I'm doing an LS1 swap into my 91 camaro and have been doing a lot of research since i've gotten the car. I ended up purchasing a LS1 that was removed from a 2002 vette. I'm now ready to start buying some needed parts to prepare for this summer. But i have a few things that i havn't been able to find out and are gonna bother me until i find out. Being a college student and on a very small budget its hard to just buy things and try them out to see what will and what will not work. So i come to you with my questions so i know as much ahead of time as possible.

1. My engine came with the wireing harness but no ECU. I am going to be using some camaro parts(oil pan, manifolds, etc), but i don't think i'll have any problem with the connectors for the stuff i swich over. What i'm not sure of though is what ECU's from what cars and years can i use. What i do know is that 02 vette and f-body part numbers are the same. But can i use a vette and f-body ECU from any LS1? From what i understand no matter what i get i'll have to get it reprogrammed to my application. Also i may get a 2nd harness to hack and maybe find a way to extend it so i can mount the ECU inside the car and for other things too. What harness's from what years and models can i use?

2. The motor came with the vette throttle body and i would really like to use it. Will i have to get a gas pedal from a vette? or could i adapt something on my old pedal. If i have to get a pedal from a vette what years will work for me? Does the pedal connect directly to the throttle body or does it connect to the ECU first? And i'm not sure what the exact name for the pedal and the sensor connected to it is called, and does anyone have a part number for the assembly?

That should be it for now, until i think of something else

Thanks in advance!!!

Edit: deleted the stuff i no longer need answers for.

Last edited by camaro0605; 03-16-2005 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

you have no EGR, but you do have AIR. AIR can be deleted with a tune, and would simplify things. its a PITA to use a drive by wire TB(vette), you can pick up a good ported f-body TB for not too much, and not worry about the drive by wire. dunno about the other things though
Old 03-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

-ttt-