Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need everyones opionion on this

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 07:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need everyones opionion on this

I have a 02 firehawk and I know very little about cars. I just purchased the SLP loudmouth system. Should I go with the SLP Headers as well with this. Every message board I have seen on Fbody.com says the SLP hdrs suck A$$ cause you lose ground clearence. Does anyone here have the SLP headers and absolutley love em?? I just needs some opinions please respond. Thanks
Old 03-17-2005, 08:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your not going to lower the car then you shouldnt have too much issues with clearance, but for the price, you could get hookers or pacesetters and not have that issues at all. Im sure most would recommend that you look into another brand of header.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have the $$ buy kooks or qtp's you wont regret it. just my .02 stay away from slp there are much better products for same price or cheaper from other sponcers. I maid some newbe mistakes when i first bought my car and waisted a few hundred dollars with slp's stuff. search and read alot of threads about the parts you are looking for. good luck
Old 03-17-2005, 08:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FHAWK02
I have a 02 firehawk and I know very little about cars. I just purchased the SLP loudmouth system. Should I go with the SLP Headers as well with this. Every message board I have seen on Fbody.com says the SLP hdrs suck A$$ cause you lose ground clearence. Does anyone here have the SLP headers and absolutley love em?? I just needs some opinions please respond. Thanks
Ground clearance does suck, if lowered. I would grab a pair of Pacesetters myself.

Also, some say that headers combined with loudmouth is annoying.

Only thing I like from SLP is their fan switch