Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Dual Borla exhaust sounds clip and pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Dual Borla exhaust sounds clip and pics

Alright guys, I finally got the sounds clip and pics of my custom true dual 2.5" X-pipe exhaust with 2 Borla ProXS mufflers and 3" tips running under the axle and out the back. I could only revv it to about 4000 because I have ****** for neighbors. The clip only gives a glimpse of the tue Borla sound. It sounds Awesome at wide open throttle. I HIGHLY recommend this exhaust to any LS1 or LS2 owner.

sound--- http://www.ls1sounds.com/true_duals/...X_bolt-ons.MPG
-or -
http://www.ls1sounds.com/true_duals.htm --mine is the second one from the top. It says Borla ProXS under muffler.

pics---- http://www.ls1sounds.com/pics_tips.htm

my car is under the True duals category, it is the last one (White with blue decals). Please let me know what you guys think.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:39 AM
dug
Banned

Sounds good. Gotta love the borla mufflers. Is it reasonably quiet?
Old 03-19-2005, 08:54 AM
11 Second Club

Damn that sounds good.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

its so beautifull..... think i could get that but only street leagal in cali....?how much did it all cost ya.?
Old 03-20-2005, 12:33 AM
On The Tree

It is a little above stock sounds at idle (deeper), and at wide open throttle is sounds AWESOME. Since it runs out the back it is not that loud inside the car, but it makes alot of people turn their heads.Believe it or not, It onle cost about $300 with the mufflers. I got the mufflers off ebay (CHEAP), and then had a local shop in town do the exhaust from the headers back. When they gave me the bill I could not belive it. The only charged me about $175-200 for custom making the whole exhaust. I was expecting like $250-300. So you it is definetely worth it. And yes I do love the Borlas!!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Regular

it sounds amazing, i love it, im thinking getting one borla proxs 3'' this weekend in texas but the way that i was going to install it, it was like a catback, live the y-pipe stock(for now, im getting the slp headers and y-pipe) and put a 3'' exahust tube(made it in a local shop) to the borla proxs dual moffler.

do you think it will sound like yours? and have a good flow??

or its better if i make a x-pipe and put 2 borla proxs??

what kind of borla proxs are yours??

the one that i want is the Transverse #40474 inlet: 3" outlet: DUAL 2 1/2" .

ths!! cya!!

Last edited by SOULPOWER; 08-08-2005 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

I would recommend the x-pipe. THey are getting fairly inexpensive now, and even cheaper to get them custom made. Mine are 2.5 Borla proxs muffler. I got them off ebay for about $65 a piece, which is a great deal. I get so many compliments on it, and when it hits 4000rpm and above it is defining. I would recommend this setup to anyone who wants the sounds of a true muscle car.