Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need install help for my LS6. Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I need install help for my LS6. Pics inside

Alright, here is the situation. I have a 2000 camaro, and we removed the ls1 manifold and put on a ls6 off of a 2002 trans am. you can see in the pics below my red manifold compared to my buddy's 2001 manifold. our problem is where that bracket bolts to the manifold. on his, he has one, on mine, i don't. just seeing what you guys that have switched to an ls6 for an ls1 did, or if anyone knows what to do. thanks in advance.

Matthew

P.S. sorry about the large pics, but it was the best way to show what i mean.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure that manifold didn't come off of a vette with the fly-by-wire setup? That sucks not noticing something that important until after you installed it.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i believe it did come off of a vette. I'm the one installing it, I can make a bracket to make it work and mount in the same location as it does on the stock colored ls6 in that picture. He just said it came off of a Trans am so im seeing if osmeone has some way of doing it.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah...looks like a C5 manifold...I don't know of any special way to make it work outside of fabbing up your own bracket as you have suggested...
Old 03-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Retired Street Racer

i bought it off of a user with the name Will Nunn. he said it was on his 2002 trans am, so if it fit on his, then it should work with mine.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mdblackz28
i bought it off of a user with the name Will Nunn. he said it was on his 2002 trans am, so if it fit on his, then it should work with mine.
It doesn't look like that intake was ever installed on a F-Body. It looks like it would be an easy fix though. Just take the bolts off of your LS1 intake that holds the bracket on, find some hard plastic hollow tubing of some sort to use as a spacer block, cut the tubing to the width of the factory spacer block that is molded into your LS1 intake. Drill 2 holes where the spacer block should be on the LS6 intake. Put the 2 bolts throught the bracket, then put your spacers on, put the bolts through the holes that you drilled on the LS6 intake and then put a washer and a nut on both bolts.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Sweet Cheeks

Originally Posted by CRL 01 SS
It doesn't look like that intake was ever installed on a F-Body. It looks like it would be an easy fix though. Just take the bolts off of your LS1 intake that holds the bracket on, find some hard plastic hollow tubing of some sort to use as a spacer block, cut the tubing to the width of the factory spacer block that is molded into your LS1 intake. Drill 2 holes where the spacer block should be on the LS6 intake. Put the 2 bolts throught the bracket, then put your spacers on, put the bolts through the holes that you drilled on the LS6 intake and then put a washer and a nut on both bolts.
Yup, he never ran it on an F Body, that's for sure. I guess the Corvette LS6s didn't come with wire provisions? That sucks bro. You're going to have to drill a bit and get some hardware from ACE. No big deal.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Retired Street Racer

alright, i will just do that then. let me know when i can pick up the torque arm from you
Old 03-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Sweet Cheeks

Will do.