Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header ??? opions needed.

Old 03-21-2005, 02:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header ??? opions needed.

Ive been thinking about getting long tube headers but Im not sure which ones to go with and if its really worth it. Ive read on here that you need to get a tune in order to get the full potential out of headers. I live in CA(unless you know of a place) and theirs not really a place I know of that can tune my car, so if I need a tune is and I cant get one is it really worth it for me. Well what Ive been looking for is a setup that comes with a catted y also. Ive been looking at getting either QTP, Jet Hot, or Dynatech(Pacesetter but not sure wich Y to use). What are your opinions on each of these such as power gains, quality, fitment. What kind of HP gains should be expected with out a tune and with a tune.

I know these are illegal in CA but my friends dad smogs cars and as long as I pass the sniffer Im alright, they never really do the visual.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

KOOKS along with y-pipe and no cats

dynoed 344HP and 352TQ without headers

put headers on and y-pipe no cats Dynoed 356HP and 375TQ
Old 03-21-2005, 08:11 AM
Launching!

A friend put on a set of Kooks a couple weeks ago and they looked awesome. Only problem was the y-pipe was right against the floor board on the drivers side.

I had a set of Jet-Hots on a 00 Ws6 and Hookers on a 02 SS and they both looked awesome and fitted well. Only problem I had was the y-pipe hung down a little low.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you live in California you won't pass your vehicle inspection with long tubes. You will need a set of shorty headers that doesn't move the stock location of your cats.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Im not worried about the visual because half the places around here dont even check its just the sniffer that Im afraid of and I do need cats to pass so no ORY(besides my friends dad will pass me on the visual).

Search this Thread