Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynomax mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Dynomax mufflers

One of the tracks I run at requires a 96 dB limit at 50 feet. Right now with my Pacesetters, 2.5" custom catted Y into a single 3.5" and no muffler I'm over the limit (someone estimated 98-99 dB) and I would like to be a little conservative and be around 93-94 dB. It sounds great without the muffler BTW and I have a flange to bolt the stock muffler back on for the street. I don't think it will take much to get the sound down to that level; 96 db at 50 feet is loud when you stand just behind the car. Choices are slim in 3.5" and I was looking into a Dynomax straight through muffler, but havn't found a lot of info as far as sounds and LS1sounds.com doesn't have info as to which Dynomaxx muffler they have. I see Dynomax has a Ultra-flo SS, an Ultra-flo welded, and a Bullet race muffler. What is the difference between all of these, they all look similar to me, fiber glass perferated tubes ? I don't care about stainless as I have a custom aluminized system. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Race Bullets will be louder than open headers, or at least on our car they are. We have the 3" DynoMax Race Bullets mounted directly off of the LT collectors and they are loud! I am looking for quieter mufflers to pass NHRA Tech at Pomona. To hear what it sounds like, go to her website (click on the image) and check out the videos of our Z28, under our videos section. .
Old 03-24-2005, 07:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

TTT for me.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you fit a regular muffler? I had the Dynomax straight through 4x9's and they sounded deep but not too loud. Dual 3" with cats though....