Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers to catback exhaust questions inside

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 11:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers to catback exhaust questions inside

I am in the process of dumping a lot of money in my car. ATM I have stock manifold, stock cats, stock 2.75" pipes and a 12" dynomax bullet muffler in the I-pipe. I'm going to buy coated pacesetter LT headers and TSP's catted Y-pipe to go with them.

First off I am correct in assuming that the Headers are designed for 3" catbacks and my stock pipes will not fit properly?

I love the way the dynomouth sounds right now but when I go to LT headers I'm worried the rasp will start to show it's ugly face even with HF cats. So that leaves me with a decision of which catback to get. I'm torn between hooker (I know will sound good) and TSP rumbler. I want the car to be loud but not obnoxious and raspy.

So anyone have TSP rumbler with a catted Y-pipe? Hows the rasp/drone?

Anyone have hooker catback with catted Y-pipe? Is it loud or tame?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.ls1sounds.com/ has all that info for you my friend.

That's how I did my research on my exhaust choices. You can go download the various clips and it will even specify what headers, y pipe, and catback it has so you can make a more educated decision. I wish the previous owner of my car had looked at that site before putting the Loudmouth on there

My vote is for Hooker though. Sounds great and REALLY mean once you get a good Y and LT's on there.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trent
http://www.ls1sounds.com/ has all that info for you my friend.

That's how I did my research on my exhaust choices. You can go download the various clips and it will even specify what headers, y pipe, and catback it has so you can make a more educated decision. I wish the previous owner of my car had looked at that site before putting the Loudmouth on there

My vote is for Hooker though. Sounds great and REALLY mean once you get a good Y and LT's on there.
Thanks. But I have listened to all them many, many times. But exhaust sounds different in person then in a sound clip. So I'm looking for personal experience with catted Y-pipes and the two catbacks in question. I really want to go with the TSP rumbler but not if it'll attract every cop in a 2 mile radius and or rasp real bad.

With ORY there is no decision. It would be hooker hands down but I'm thinking I might be able to get away with the rumbler because of the cats.

Thanks for the hooker vote. Anyone else?