Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls6 Intake ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls6 Intake ?

I BOUGHT AN LS6 INTAKE FROM SOMEONE. IT HAS THE FLAT BOTTOM.THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHERE U SCREW THE THROTTLE BRACKET AT DONT HAVE TREADS ON IT. IT HAS THE TWO HOLES, BUT DOESNT HAVE THE METAL PEICE WITH THE TREADS ON IT. IS THERE ANY WAY TO FIX THAT. ANOTHER THING I REALIZE WAS THAT IT DOES HAVE A PART#.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

Hopefully someone knows where to get the thread inserts. If you can find them you'll need to epoxy them in. With no part number it sounds like someone might have sold you a LS1.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Yeah But Doesnt The Ls1 Have The The Little Hump In The Middle. It Also Has The Egr Hole Up On The Top. But It Doesnt Go All The Ways Threw.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Staging Lane

GM ls6 intakes dont have an EGR port hole. Also if you have no throttle bracket holes then most likely have one that came from a Y body, Corvette (they have "fly by wire" throttles). You will just have to fab something up.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

If you have the old intake you can get the threaded inserts out of it. An ls1 intake ain't worth **** anyway.

Here is what you do:

Get a longer bolt than the one that held the bracket on and a stack of washers that are bigger than the insert. Thread the bolt through the washers and pull the insert out.

The inserts are put in hot and melt into the plastic. I ground the outside of mine down and used JB weld epoxy to glue them in. If you feel gutsy heat up the insert with a propane torch and shove it in. I did not try that(no guts, no glory).

In any case the JB weld will hold the inserts in great.

If you don't have the old intake you can get something close from the hardware store that will work.

Good luck!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Teching In

yeah i was think about taking the one off the old one.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Launching!

Did the intake come off a vette if it did some have the elec throttle and that is why there not there???????
Old 03-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Teching In

i have a ?. THE LS6 INTAKE IS THE ONE WITH THE FLAT BOTTOM CORRECT? YEAH AND ABOUT THE EGR, IT HAS THE HOLE ON THE TOP BUT IT DONT GO TRU INTO THE INTAKE. CAUSE ON MY 98 TA, WHEN U TAKE THE EGR OFF U COULD SEE INSIDE THE INTAKE. AND ON THIS ONE U CANT. ANY IDEA WHAT KIND OF INTAKE IS THIS.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Launching!

Yeah all Ls6 intakes are flat on the bottom! Ya ought to contact the person ya bought it from because if its not a slp or off an 01+ fbody it is probably off vette witch has electric throttle! so the mounting screw may have to be swapped over!