Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Dynatech Supermaxx header system.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Thumbs up Installed Dynatech Supermaxx header system.

I finished installing the Dynatech Supermaxx headers and exhaust system on my car yesterday. Excellent quality and instructions. I'm making fine-tuning adjustments to the pipe, but overall the fit was good. Total install was under 12 hours. Sound is The power increase is noticable too. Overall, I'm a very happy camper Just passing my $0.02 along.

Schantin
2002 Camaro Z28 M6
Old 04-01-2005, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed my Supermaxx header system on my 2002 Collector Edition last Memorial Day weekend.

I did not have any installation problems in the engine compartment. The Supermaxx directions are very detailed, with colored pictures included. The headers were a drop-in {"drop-up" from the bottom } installation. They do not interfere with or rub against anything!

I did the entire job myself w/o any help. I used a set of temporary studs to "hang" the gaskets and headers on, so I did not have to hold the headers while trying to thread the screws into the head.

The rest of the system, cats & Y-pipe slip together. The included steel clamps work quite well. O2 sensor extensions and wire ties are included in the kit. Can you say that for all the other header & Y-pipe kits??

There was an issue fitting the Y-pipe into the stock exhaust pipe. The diameters are nearly identical. But to Dynatech's credit, they strongly suggested buying or renting a tail pipe expander for the task. Not having one was my problem, not theirs, and I developed a particular solution to the problem myself.

Equipped with the Dynatech SuperMaxx header system, the car passed the Missouri OBDII test last summer without incident. The header system comes with high flow cats and Oxygen sensor extension cables so the car retains both the front & rear sensors.

I also have installed the A.I.R. Pipe Restrictor Plate Mod to make sure the A.I.R check valves will not eventually burn up. My restrictor holes are a bit larger than the recommended 3/16" drill bit for the restriction. I believe that this allows enough air to light off the cats and avoid any SES or OBDII errors.

In conclusion, it is a well thought out system. The welds look smooth and the flanges are straight. You can certainly pay less for non-stainless headers. Other systems require you to order pieces separately. But if you want a complete system that is stainless AND you can install yourself in the garage with hand tools, the Supermaxx system should be on your short list!
Old 04-02-2005, 12:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you prett much said it.....

i just installed a set with the motor and i couldnt be happier. The installation was a breeze and they sure look great, the cats flow really good and the instructions were as detailed as a steve king novel!!!

great set of headers, the system is very well planned out and packaged nice and neat!!!

dynatech has really done their homework!!!