Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help!! Exhaust Confusion?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Please Help!! Exhaust Confusion?

Well I really need some help here guys. Right now i have a 2000 ws6 with a flowmaster muffler and a cutout right before muffler. I think that it sounds pretty good but soon I am going to redo the entire exhaust. Well I know everyone has a different opinion but i need everyone's! I guess right know i am looking at everything but the headers. I will get headers later. I don't know whether or not to go with a Y pipe or X pipe or what. It is just so hard to make a decision. But see to get a true dual system it just seems so exspensive and then u have to worry about clearance. and another question? should i get it catted or not. to me the louder the better but i don't want alot of drone in the car and i HATE rasp. I guess i just want u guys to give me some opinions. of x pipe or y? catted or not or hiflow cats? what catback?and should i go a 2.5" system or 3"...I have heard that u shouldn't run 3" unless u have over 400 hp b/c u lose back pressure and power but I dunno? just give me all of your ideas....... anything would help! I have listened to ls1sounds over and over but still can't make a decision? PLEASE HELP ME OUT GUYS!!!!!
Thanks for all the help in advance......yall are great!
Old 04-03-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

I used to have the same cutout right before the muffler. I know have one in the I-pipe as well. The drone could be annoying to someone however it does not bother me. I think adding another cut-out in the i-pipe is the most economical choice for you right now. Wait for the TD or or a new cat-back until you get LT's. Unless you want a more refined sound. Just My .02
Old 04-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

Default i hear ya man

I also was skeptical about a month ago with exhaust.I went with mac mids,off road y, and mac mufflers,The complete system was under a grand.There is better ones out there that may add just a little more power...but for the money and aggrivation,plus clearance,the macs are the most bang for the buck.They sound like flowmasters...untill you get into them a little then there a little snappy sounding like borla(even though you said you didnt like rasp)its not rasp all the time