Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(QTP) "supposed" broken catt turns out to be....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default (QTP) "supposed" broken catt turns out to be....

well i had recently bought some QTP LT's and there catted Y, and after installation and about 800 miles with the new exhaust, i started to hear a really bad rattling that sounded like it was coming from the passenger side catt...so i called up Ken, and Barry at QTP and told them of my problem and they sent me out a new carsound cat ASAP....well over this past weekend i took the car to a exhaust shop to get the new cat put on and "broken" one off...after taking the Y off and checking the catt for broken peices i noticed there were none and the cats were fine, well come to find out the Y was actually in perfect working order and when i installed the new Y i took off the stock mounting bracket that mounts to the transmission b/c there Y doesnt have this connection...well i left a bolt loose and that was causing the rattle (terrible, embarresing rattle i should add) so i called Ken @ QTP and told him the good news and that i would just send the new cat back, or purchase the catt from them so i could have it as a spare just in case one did break eventually...but ken said since i was honest and called them back that i could have it for free!!! so im pretty happy bout that, and i know that was a long post over getting a catt for free but i think that shows the kinda guys and service that QTP has working for them!! so i really appreciate it ken....

thanks again,
Jon
Old 04-04-2005, 04:18 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by SilverStreak1830
well i had recently bought some QTP LT's and there catted Y, and after installation and about 800 miles with the new exhaust, i started to hear a really bad rattling that sounded like it was coming from the passenger side catt...so i called up Ken, and Barry at QTP and told them of my problem and they sent me out a new carsound cat ASAP....well over this past weekend i took the car to a exhaust shop to get the new cat put on and "broken" one off...after taking the Y off and checking the catt for broken peices i noticed there were none and the cats were fine, well come to find out the Y was actually in perfect working order and when i installed the new Y i took off the stock mounting bracket that mounts to the transmission b/c there Y doesnt have this connection...well i left a bolt loose and that was causing the rattle (terrible, embarresing rattle i should add) so i called Ken @ QTP and told him the good news and that i would just send the new cat back, or purchase the catt from them so i could have it as a spare just in case one did break eventually...but ken said since i was honest and called them back that i could have it for free!!! so im pretty happy bout that, and i know that was a long post over getting a catt for free but i think that shows the kinda guys and service that QTP has working for them!! so i really appreciate it ken....

thanks again,
Jon
this is always great to here! I really like QTP products... but now i like them more because of great service.... sounds like ill have to get the 1 3/4 HVC and cut-out Y!

Tyler
Old 04-04-2005, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

deffenitly, i havent really purchased alot of parts for cars, this is my first Fbod that is accually mine to mod...so having these good experiences upfront is pretty reassuring for me....but i always hear about bad experiences with dealers and whatnot so when something good happens i feel it should be shared...especially since QTP is such a big provider to the LS1/LS6 community, i felt obligated to share this with you guys so one day when someone is doing a search about headers (QTP) they can see something good, and that might just be what helps them with there decision...your situation for instance...

Jon
Old 04-04-2005, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea barry is the man when it comes to customer service
Old 04-04-2005, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great to hear another story of good customer Service - cheers to QTP!
Old 04-04-2005, 08:29 PM
11 Second Club

yea man..QTP's product and customer service rules!
Old 04-04-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

to QTP. Great customer service guys.