Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASP pulley wobble

Old 04-10-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ASP pulley wobble

A friend of mine noticed it today on my car. He said there is a defect with some of them and to send it back to ASP for exchange. Anybody done this? I bought the pulley used. Any chance they'll still take it back in exchange?
Old 04-10-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Tech
A friend of mine noticed it today on my car. He said there is a defect with some of them and to send it back to ASP for exchange. Anybody done this? I bought the pulley used. Any chance they'll still take it back in exchange?
I wonder if its from removing it from the previous car? You have to use a 3 arm puller to get them off the crank.

Good luck!
Old 04-10-2005, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't remove it from the previous car but how else would you take a pulley off?
Old 04-10-2005, 01:04 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Tech
I didn't remove it from the previous car but how else would you take a pulley off?
I didnt imply you did I'm just saying I have seen plenty of USED pullies that have been pulled off a car that have a wobble or bend in them due to the action of pulling it off the car!
Old 04-10-2005, 01:22 AM
TECH Junkie

I had a problem with my old ASP and know of several others who did also, Mine wobbled almost off the crank snout

Get an ATI keyed pulley if you have an after market crank or keep the stocker, my 2 cents.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrandonSS
I didnt imply you did I'm just saying I have seen plenty of USED pullies that have been pulled off a car that have a wobble or bend in them due to the action of pulling it off the car!
No need to be defensive.

My point was... I didn't think an ASP pulley was a one-time use item? You should be able to R&I that thing several times. There is no way you are getting one of these pulleys off without a puller (or obviously damaging the pulley).

Search this Thread