Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TD tail pipes and/or muffler swap to Magnaflows?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TD tail pipes and/or muffler swap to Magnaflows?

I think my setup is too quiet. My current setup is nice, especially with the cam and I don't have any drone but I would like something a little louder.

Don't know if tailpipes would be the solution to what I want but I think I may need to swap the mufflers as well. Would tailpipes change the sound that much?
Also, thinking about changing out my edlebrocks to something else, maybe the Magnaflow 4x9s? I know they are straight through and a full 3" ID. I believe my edlebrocks neck down to 2.5" inside. Same readson I ruled out the sweet thunders because they only have a 2.5" core, regardless of a 3" outside.

How's the drone with the magnaflows? I was also considering the magnpacks but I think they might drive me crazy with drone.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Launching!

I have the magnaflows 4" round body mufflers and there is no drone. I have them over the axle. If you think your dumps are quiet these will probably be to quiet also. I have some pics at my webpage in my sig.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

how do those magnaflow 4" rounds compare to bullets interms of loudness and drone, also how do they compare to the magnaflow 4x9s?
Old 04-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Launching!

The tone is extremely deep. There is no drone or interior resonance. At idle it is deep and tame. At part throttle there is a nice powerful tone. At WOT it is look at me loud. But for me at no time is it to loud. I think in comparison to the bullets these would be slightly tamer but I could be wrong. The 4x9's would probably be a step quieter than the 4" round body mufflers.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

The proble I have is that I have a full 3" exhaust and believe the Edlebrocks neck down to 2.5".
First and foremost, it has to be stainless. Right now I am considering the Magnapacks or Magnflow 4x9s. I saw that Stainless Works has a 3" round bullet (in Jegs) but fear it may be a 2.5" core. Does anyone know?

WHat does anyone think about waiting for the QTP stainless cutout and added them to my scheme?