Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Coolant question

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine Coolant question

I just installed my Bo White ported tb back on recently. But when I first took it out some engine coolant spilled when taking off the hoses. Now I just test drove for a while and the car was fine but I didnt want to go WOT
When i turned off the car and opened the hood the engine bay was hot but not enough to burn me or anything.

Should I get some engine coolant to pour in what I spilled out even though the car was driving fine? Only a little bit was spilled out......about enough of it that I can hold it all in the palm of my hands held together.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:58 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by Andros
I just installed my Bo White ported tb back on recently. But when I first took it out some engine coolant spilled when taking off the hoses. Now I just test drove for a while and the car was fine but I didnt want to go WOT
When i turned off the car and opened the hood the engine bay was hot but not enough to burn me or anything.

Should I get some engine coolant to pour in what I spilled out even though the car was driving fine? Only a little bit was spilled out......about enough of it that I can hold it all in the palm of my hands held together.

if you lost a palms worth of coolant you will be fine not replacing it. Check the level though, and make sure its up to par.

brad
Old 04-12-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

okay, thanks