Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header Question(opinions)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 04:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header Question(opinions)

Alright, I prevously bought a pair of kooks headers and there was a mishap(not going to mention it unless they do not fix this), they may be fixing this mishap by sending me a new pair of headers, I previously bought 1 3/4"x3" primaries and am wondering if I get 1 7/8"x3" primaries if it will just hurt the low end or if it will hurt the entire power band, also I am looking into this because I plan on doing a 408 iron block and/or a T-rex cam in the future, what I figured from previous knowledge is that it would probably hurt the low end power band but increase the top end torque. Opinions please.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:30 PM
12 Second Club

nobody?
Old 04-18-2005, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

- When buying long tubes what you are paying for is fitment, quality, fit and finish. All LT's dyno within the same net gain. Swap from one brand to another for the sole purpose of gains and you'll be disappointed. 1 3/4 sized primaries are more then adequate for stock cubes. If you have a stroker look into some 1 7/8 primaried headers. If you have a high power stock cubed setup you might want to look into a 1 ¾ stepped to 1 7/8.

I would say, go with the 1 7/8 if you are going to go bigger soon. I think the 1 7/8 would hurt the low end the most on a stock car.