Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does the throttle body need to be next to the intake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does the throttle body need to be next to the intake?

bear with me on this but would it be possible to move the tb further up the air intake line? Sort of remote mount it? Or would that really mess with the electronics/functioning of it?

Just kind of an idea....i dont think it would work and if it would the throttle response would probably drop considerably wouldnt it?
Old 04-20-2005, 12:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just keep in mind that the further away you put it the larger volume the intake is goingto be. kindof like a highrise I think. but it shouldnt effect electronics. It would be cool to see what would happen. Only one way to find out
Old 04-20-2005, 08:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You mean like a TB Spacer? If so I used to run one on my car for awile just to see if It would make a difference. I really couldnt tell & I took it off before I got any track time out of it. But it didnt hurt anything, or run any different.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you move the throttle body away from the plenum, your throttle response will diminish. The closer to the cylinder head (or intake valve) the throttle body is, the quicker the throttle response will be.