Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mods w/o voiding warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mods w/o voiding warranty?

hey guys and gals..what can you think of that i can do without voiding the warranty? ive heard chevrolet will cash out warranties..it this true? and does anyone know how much the dealer will pay me to cash out..its until dec 05..thanks
Old 04-22-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by freeeakz28
hey guys and gals..what can you think of that i can do without voiding the warranty? ive heard chevrolet will cash out warranties..it this true? and does anyone know how much the dealer will pay me to cash out..its until dec 05..thanks

Depending on your dealers service department you can get away with a lot or almost nothing at all,like most bussiness it depends on the PEOPLE that work there. The best dealerships will only void the warranty on after market parts that have been installed that actually affect the problem that you bring it in for.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

..and i am not talking about a lid or cutout..just anything else that i cant think of or any tricks you guys know of..
Old 04-22-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Depending on your dealers service department you can get away with a lot or almost nothing at all,like most bussiness it depends on the PEOPLE that work there. The best dealerships will only void the warranty on after market parts that have been installed that actually affect the problem that you bring it in for.
This is true. Just after my headers and exhaust was put on the a/c went out. My wife freaked thinking they were going to void the warrenty. The service guy said it would only be voided if the aftermarket parts cause the problem.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by shouldaboughttheZ
This is true. Just after my headers and exhaust was put on the a/c went out. My wife freaked thinking they were going to void the warrenty. The service guy said it would only be voided if the aftermarket parts cause the problem.
because thats the law, the srt4 guys have the worst time with dealing with dcx.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, it really depends on how cool the dealership is.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

it can only be legally voided if a mod causes a failure.

but if a part thats covered involves removing aftermarket parts dont expect a dealer to eat the labor.

just something to consider.