Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I finally got my Pacesetter headers installed

Old 04-24-2005, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I finally got my Pacesetter headers installed

with the help of a good friend. Install was pretty smooth, just like people have said you can leave the spark plugs in and there's no notching or grinding to fit these in. They slid right in and lined right up. These are great headers for the money.
We only ran into a couple minor snags. The AIR fittings did not line up as well as stock so we had to slide the AC cannister up a little higher in the bracket to make some room for the AIR tube. On the driver side the AIR fitting was sitting at an entirely different angle and we ended up being about 1 inch short of tubing. Fotrunately we had some in the garage and just made a new one. The lift definetly made things easier but what really helps is having a second set of hands. It's nice to have someone under the car guiding the header in and someone up top putting the gaskets & bolts in. The 12" o2 extension was more than enough on the pass side but just barely enough on the driver's side.

The TSP ORY went in pretty easily with a little coaxing. Before we installed it my buddy noticed there was quite a bit of extra material inside the Y piece that connects to the cat-back. Here's a before picture, I had already started grinding the extra material off the one side:

After:

Of course it's banging like crazy I'm hoping the Mufflex hanger works for me, seems like it's hit or miss with that. Otherwise the only real problem I have with the Y, aside from the banging, is ground clearance. With only 2-1/2 inches of clearance I'm going back to the stock springs.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:08 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Congrats on the install, I have the same setup. You did a good job on the ORY, it looks good. I was to lazy to even attempt cleaning mine up.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

i have the same headers , the rock u got bangn problems, i guess im lucky because no problems on my side!!

Search this Thread