Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker or TSP with LT's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooker or TSP with LT's?

Just installed my pacesetter LT's with ORY and all I can say is damn. Install was easy, but this thing is stupid loud. I know that people prefer the hooker, but has anyone heard the TSP catback with headers? Any help would be appreciated. And yes my y-pipe bangs like a bitch, I've got to figure that one out as well.

Thx
Old 04-24-2005, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

I would go with the TSP setup but have Sweet thunder welded in instead of bullet. The sweet thunder chamber aluminized 18 inch muffler is cheap but they look just like the one used in GMMG. I buddy has this set up on his WS6. The sound is great (IMO )it is a deep low rumble he had his done a a shop for 265$
Old 04-24-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea, the TSP has no mufflers so it is very, very loud. Most people agree that you should put bullet mufflers on the pipe. Dynomax, borla, and magnaflow are other popular choices.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:05 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

I heard that magnaflow and hooker sound the best with no cats, so go check LS1Sounds.com. There are some clips with those catbacks. I have the slp dual dual on my car, and its really quite. Its a little louder than stock at idle and normal driving. But at WOT it really screams. If your talking about tsp's rumbler, its going to loud, but not as loud as the loudmouth.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote: Yea, the TSP has no mufflers so it is very, very loud. Most people agree that you should put bullet mufflers on the pipe.

The tsp rumbler is pretty loud, but does have a muffler. It has an 18" dynomax bullet welded in the I pipe. The rumbler wouldn't be as loud as a cutout, and I drive around with my cutout open quite a bit. Think of a cutout thats not as loud and has a better, more refined sound. If you have an offroad pipe though, I probably would not get the rumbler. I have the magnaflow and think it's very quiet. When I drive past most suv's and trucks I can't even hear my car over their exhaust note. I have to look at the tach to see where I'm at in the rpm band, because I can't tell by hearing it.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

I have the Hooker on mine with the ORY and LTs. Sounds great. Couldnt be happier.

Minus the ORY banging that i will have fixed tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

You should go with the dynomax. I have one on the bird and its sounds mean until you hit...It just sounds evil after that, but then there is a downfall. You will be an easy target for the police.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Phoenix 2001
You should go with the dynomax. I have one on the bird and its sounds mean until you hit...It just sounds evil after that, but then there is a downfall. You will be an easy target for the police.
He wants something quieter......
Old 04-25-2005, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the replies guys, I think I'm going to go with the Hooker but it figures non of the sponsors I've called have it in stock. I also have to fix the damn ORY from banging which is more annoying than the LM. Anybody have any luck with the mufflex clamp? I can't find to much using a search on the topic. Thanks
Old 04-26-2005, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had Hooker LT's, ORY, and catback.....LOVED IT!!!

When I pick up another LS1, I will be going with this same setup.