Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ture Dual Fixing

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Dual Fixing

I have the "Unique" problem of NO clearance with my true duals. I would like to shove them up next to the driveshaft more, but the brake lines are in the way. I tired flipping the brackets on the brake lines and once i got them off, it seemed like it would be too much pressure and might bend them to flip it upside down. Can anyone take pictures of what the whole bracket flip looks like? As you can see below there's not much clearance and the underside of both mufflers are yellow from scraping speedbumps. It's fairly embarassing especially since the car isn't even lowered. Any help i appreciated! TIA
Attached Thumbnails Ture Dual Fixing-dsc00490-small-.jpg   Ture Dual Fixing-dsc00491-small-.jpg  

Last edited by kraut187; 04-25-2005 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I flipped both the brackets, one by the muffler and one closer to tranny. They are really stubborn, but my scrawny *** managed. I also ordered some sweet thunders, they'll give you another 1.5" of clearance and sound better to boot.
Newcastle is too sweet for me, I prefer shiner bock dark.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get a buddy to start the screws while you hold the lines in the flipped position. It'll go without bending. Those lines are a lot stronger than they seem. Make darn sure that the X-pipe is centered when you go to get the muffs into the tunnel better. I have no pictures, but my bullets are dead center in the tunnel, and the ground clearance is awesome.

I had about 1/2 inch" clearance from the bullet to the inside of the driveshaft tunnel on either side. Hopefully I'll be getting a digital camera soon, so I can take pics and show everyone.