Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynatech supermaxx headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynatech supermaxx headers

I'm contemplating whether to buy the Dynatech Supermaxx header system (complete with headers, Y-pipe, cats, emmission extensions, etc), but would like to know if anyone has any info on them??? Do they have good ground clearance and how well do they flow compared to other stainless steel header set-ups?
Old 04-26-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i heard the supermaxx headers were supposed to replace the flp headers. from what i hear, its one of the good complete header systems out there. and i think a good bonus with their stuff is that all the emissions stuff is compatible with their stuff or so. dont know of any dyno #'s.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Resident

i posted this same question a while back cause i too love the whole stainless system idea. Unfortunately, there's no dyno comparisons that i know of.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:35 AM
TECH Regular

We need more info here, please.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

i would definitely recommend the dynatechs....

i have them and EVERYTHING you need is included in the system.

do a search for dyantechs, you'll find some of my old posts,

good luck!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Had a set installed by Speed Inc along with some Maint about a month or so ago. Ran out to the garage, with stock height suspension, the smallest measurement was 4 inches in the cat and Y-pipe area to ground. Unfortuantly I dont have measurement with stock. Im very happy but just as you I was unable to find specs I was looking for. Still hoping to drop the car an inch or so someday.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Here is some info I found that may be helpful...see web links:

http://www.hemitruckclub.com/headers.htm

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/0304_merg/

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...rg/index2.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I'm definitely leaning more towrds these headers...

Do any of you that have the supermax setup also have stat emmissions...and how did you fair with these installed.

Thanks for all your help on this thread,
Ken
Old 04-28-2005, 02:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by USAF WS6 T/A
I'm contemplating whether to buy the Dynatech Supermaxx header system (complete with headers, Y-pipe, cats, emmission extensions, etc), but would like to know if anyone has any info on them??? Do they have good ground clearance and how well do they flow compared to other stainless steel header set-ups?
I have the Dynatech Supermaxx system on my 2002 Camaro Z28. I'm quite happy with them for the following:

Easy to install. Everything was included with the kit. Exceptional color install guide as well

Ground clearance is only about 1 inch less than with the stock system.

I have had the system on for 500 miles now. No engine codes. I am NOT using O2 simms either. So, the catalytic converters with the kit work fine

Most important: Power and sound. The exhaust is a bit louder, deeper and more "hollow" sounding. No noticable resonance or droning sound. At the track in Hawaii I did a before and after comparison test. Same temp, Pa, etc. I gained .31 in the 1/4 mile and 2mph in trap speed.

Everything is stainless steel, to include the Y-pipe and cats. I had the actual header tubes Jet-Hot coated, but this was more to keep temps under the hood cool. Welds are good, flanges are thick, and nothing appears "cheap" in quality. I got mine cheap on a GP, but even at regular price, they are a couple hundred less than the Kooks and QTP systems once gaskets, Y-pipe, bolts, etc are all added up.

I have a complete write-up with my thoughts in the parts install section of LS1.com.

Hope this helps.

Schantin
2002 Camaro Z28 M6
Old 04-28-2005, 02:51 AM
On The Tree

You say the cats they come with actually work? Hmm.. I think Im gonna get these.

I've been going back and forth over headers for awhile now...I was thinking about the pacesetters with the TSP catted Y, but their Y has no bungs for the o2 sensors and sims still have to be used.

They look like a quality system and I like the fact that they're stainless and have hookups for all the emmissions stuff. Im hoping that I will be able to install them and even pass smog here in Cali if I can find a shop to look pas the visual inspeciton..
Old 04-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Teching In

I finally got a hold of some dyno results for an F-body...and they are awesome...

The results were tested on a stock 2001 Z28..and the numbers were:

HP: Before header install was 306.48 hp and after header install was 327.98, over 20 hp to the wheels.

Torque: Before header install was 322.98 and after header install was 338.37

Just imagine what kind of results one could get with other mods incorporated with these headers installed...

I'll try to get it atatched later as it is in JPEG format...I had problems trying to attach it on this site...

I have to give credit to New Perfomance, (one of our sponsors here on LS1Tech) as they provided the dyno results and have performed numerous tests on various machines...
Old 04-28-2005, 11:24 AM
12 Second Club

Definately a good header. You can't beat stainless. Clearance with them is also great. Downside to them is the 2 1/2" y-pipe.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

From the info, I have found, they are among the best. I don't own a set yet.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:43 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I finally got a hold of some dyno results for an F-body...and they are awesome...

The results were tested on a stock 2001 Z28..and the numbers were:

HP: Before header install was 306.48 hp and after header install was 327.98, over 20 hp to the wheels.

Torque: Before header install was 322.98 and after header install was 338.37

Just imagine what kind of results one could get with other mods incorporated with these headers installed...

I'll try to get it atatched later as it is in JPEG format...I had problems trying to attach it on this site...

I have to give credit to New Perfomance, (one of our sponsors here on LS1Tech) as they provided the dyno results and have performed numerous tests on various machines...
those results arent uncommon for any header out there. the real power makers are the headers with a good collector; thats qtp and kooks with HMVC's.

there not cheap however.

Quick Reply: Dynatech supermaxx headers