Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird behavior after header install..

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default weird behavior after header install..

installed some Pacesetter LTs, TSP ORY, and new NGK plugs this weekend.

we had to cut the Magnaflow exhaust about an inch to get the TSP y pipe to fit, so i KNOW there's a leak there (it will be taken care of shortly with an exhaust shop) and the Y-pipe is banging like a Thai hooker, (i'm addressing that also soon)

when driving, the car will surge under load and it idles like i have a cam in there, but i dont. is this the ypipe banging that causes the timing retard in combination with the exhaust leak. people are telling me once i adress the exhaust leak, it will run like a champ. guess i just got a little nervous.

ps. i checked the plug and plug wires, they're fine, no melting or anything and they're all on there good.

so is this just me being paranoid?

sorry for the noob-ish worries..

-Alex
Old 04-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I can tell you this, it ain't right, and it needs to be fixed ASAP. It really sounds like it is something in your ignition...you might have one bad plug out of the bunch, and just don't know it. If you have scanning software, that would be really helpful, but I'm guessing you don't...
Old 04-26-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm running an open y-pipe until thursday(its been five days so far) and I don't have any issues like that. Make sure your headers are sealed to the block and that all the connections in the engine bay are good and tight.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
I'm running an open y-pipe until thursday(its been five days so far) and I don't have any issues like that. Make sure your headers are sealed to the block and that all the connections in the engine bay are good and tight.
i will, could it also be the 02 sensors reeking havoc on me?
Old 04-26-2005, 02:33 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had O2 sensors get really lazy on me and not cause that bad of a problem.