Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switch to true duals

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Switch to true duals

Should I switch to a Lane's True Dual or just keep the exhaust in my sig. I am going to upgrade my valvetrain as soon as I get the money and I wanted to know if the duals will give me more power with the cam.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

I say switch I have the duals from Lane's and they are great, I had Pacesetter LT's with the Pacesetter ORY and a LM catback with a bullet muffler replacing the resonator. When I switched to the duals I noticed a gain in low to mid range, and I have yet to do any motor work so I can only assume that the gains would be more with motor work.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'd definitely go with the duals or a Mufflex Y and cutout. The duals will sound better, but if they're dumped, they can become annoingly loud inside the car.

Josh
Old 04-28-2005, 10:16 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Josh
I'd definitely go with the duals or a Mufflex Y and cutout. The duals will sound better, but if they're dumped, they can become annoingly loud inside the car.

Josh

I have Flo-pro Twisters, dumped at the axle. Its about the same sound as the Corsa cat-back, that I had. except that the change in the ash tray rattles more.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i had a magnaflow catback now i have 3" duals with moroso spiral flo mufflers and i like it way better than the magnaflow catback. definatley get the duals.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

i have duals with the flo-pro' s and they are quiet to me. the interior noise and vibration are not a big deal.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

How do you get in touch with Lane? I sent him a PM a while back and no reply. Someone PM me with some contact info so I can get in touch with him on pricing for an x-pipe and true duals in the tunnel over the axle and out the back (if he does that as a sold setup and doesn't need the car there). Thanks.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by josh99ta
How do you get in touch with Lane? I sent him a PM a while back and no reply. Someone PM me with some contact info so I can get in touch with him on pricing for an x-pipe and true duals in the tunnel over the axle and out the back (if he does that as a sold setup and doesn't need the car there). Thanks.
I'm interested in that exact setup, as well, so let me know if you get a price from him.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Will do, no one has gotten in touch with me about contact info for him yet. I'll keep you updated.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

Go to his website www.lanesperformance.com and call him. He's easy to get a hold of that way.

Jason
Old 04-29-2005, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

true duals do not sound like any other exhaust system at all. When you have them they make other systems sound sort of lame. They dont really sound annoying at all or make your clothes smell like some people say. I got my duals from lane with bullet mufflers...the mufflers are the only things you might not be to crazy about because when you rev your engine not in gear it will scream very loudly. And ya dumped your ash tray might raddle a little bit so just dont put change in it.