Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JBA Shorty Headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JBA Shorty Headers

How many horses can I get from the shorty JBA headers. just curious I am going to buy some.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 or 4?
Old 04-28-2005, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Ok my objective is eventually get the heads cam and springs I just want something to flow a little bit better and not get to far out of the stock exhaust for the emissions here in houston. I dont want to 02 sims or anything. Just wondering if I do upgrade the cam and heads If they will work good with them?
Old 04-28-2005, 11:20 AM
12 Second Club

Waste of your time. Check this out, I have long tubes with no cats and passed my inspection with no tricks. Boom there you go. Going with shorties will make all those mods that you want to do be a waste of money because you could make the same power with less mods and long tubes. Go ahead an get your heads and cam, but just run cats with long tube headers. Trust me, I know several people who run or have run this set up. (long tubes with cats)
Old 04-28-2005, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a guy who posted a thread under the internal mods section who has H/C/I with stock manifolds and cats. He is making 395 rwhp and has a stock sounding exhaust and no trouble with the smog *****. I looked into doing shorties myself and decided this would be a royal waste of money. Get an LS6 intake instead. Money is best spent elsewhere.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
There is a guy who posted a thread under the internal mods section who has H/C/I with stock manifolds and cats. He is making 395 rwhp and has a stock sounding exhaust and no trouble with the smog *****. I looked into doing shorties myself and decided this would be a royal waste of money. Get an LS6 intake instead. Money is best spent elsewhere.

I read that it sounded good to. I guess I might think about that then thanks for the help. Im just trying to see what other people think because I dont really want to waste money I just want more hp. Enough to keep up with the 03 and 04 cobras.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

By the way Bad Blu Formula that is a sweet ride.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

I respect patrick G's setup, and his time and effort for that. If you want something similar, I'd contact Thunder who did his setup. Now about shorties, the improvments with them are next to none really. You can still pass inspection with LTs, etc. I really doubt you will se much more than 5rwhp, IF that. Spend the money on a catback or a cutout, and save for other mods, Just my opinion on that..
Old 04-29-2005, 03:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by marcdez
How many horses can I get from the shorty JBA headers. just curious I am going to buy some.
I have JBA Shorties.. and I know another guy with the same mods as me who also have them. We both have TR224 cams and we both put down 356-360whp. They're definitely a choke point.