Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much can my FAST 90mm intake be hurting if I over ported? Should I be worried?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 08:55 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How much can my FAST 90mm intake be hurting if I over ported? Should I be worried?

Well when I measure the ports on the heads and intake with a micrometer, the heads show a tad bigger, but when I set it on the motor, it looks like the intake is actually bigger. I didnt tighten it down, but I started 3 bolts it in and from what I can see, it looks like the intake ports are a bit bigger, but with a micrometer, it shows that the heads are bigger. From what I've read, if you go too big, it can cause turbulance (whatever that is) and hurt power. Should I be worried about it and if it does hurt, how much are we talking? Thanks.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

turbulence is just the air getting disrupted and not flowing smoothly, doesn't seem like it should hurt too much.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the mic. is usually better than the eye. If you over ported there is no going back unless you buy a new piece, so bolt it up and be done with it. You should be fine.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:33 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess you could put a layer of epoxie and resand. How important/crucial is it to get the ports on the intake to match exactly/precisely to the ports on the head? I think I may be over-**** about this and afraid that I'm not gonna pick up anything with this new setup. I feel like Im going to be hurting. Just need some opinions to reassure myself.